Tuesday, July 17, 2007

37 weeks and counting!

After all that unnecessary worry about the babies coming early, here I sit just waiting for them to come!

I went in for an appointment last week. I agreed to do a biophysical profile (BPP) which is a more in-depth ultrasound. It shows blood flow to the babies, the cords, placenta(s), etc. Babies weighed at about 6.5 lb each, and are now both vertex!!! I felt like doing a little dance, because head-down babies are way less risky to birth. The doctor was then willing to discuss vaginal birth. But I'm still not happy with his reasons for certain procedures. We've decided we're staying home for the birth unless we see a need to transfer at some point. Birth supplies are ready to go.

I'm miserable. Pubic bone feels like it's going to split. Uncomfortable no matter where I sit or stand. Ankles swollen more than previous pregnancies. Come one babies, please make an appearance soon!

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM , Blogger Emily said...

I was wondering how things were going...I hadn't heard anything from anyone. So glad both babies are vertex! I can sympathize with the pubic bone pain. :( Stretching each leg up to my chest seems to help a little.
I'm possibly changing to Laura's midwife in Greenville. Jeff & I both feel more comfortable. Neither of us wants to have to push a birth plan & the duola comes out of pocket. It's actually less expensive with the midwife. The 2 hour drive will be worth it if I can stop agonizing over this and best-case scenario contemplating a birth wrung from the jaws of the hospital system...b/t/w you were right about the hospital...saying they have relaxed rules but actually not in practice! Anyway we meet with the midwife next week, so we'll see. :)
Praying for you and the twins and looking forward to hearing how things go!

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger rcsnickers said...

What great news on both babies being vertex! I personally admire, reward you for the health you are in, the strength you have for carrying twins, as well as taking care of your other two. I could go on! You have been in my thoughts lately and wondering exactly how do you feel and any pain from pregnancy. My SIL gets the pubic pain and says it is miserable. I get the swollen feet and legs that makes me miserable. But not much longer you will be looking back at this time and smiling at your little girls! Hang in there... your time is coming....

Praying for ya,
Letisha

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats Erin!!! I am SO happy for you! It won't be long at all until you are saying hello to your girls! They are SO wonderfully big! God is good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home