Saturday, June 16, 2007

33 weeks

Hard to believe we're at 33 weeks already. If we can just make it 4 weeks more, we're good to go for a homebirth.

Everything is ready go. We have all the cloth diapers we need, ordered a couple slings, prepped Grace for watching the birth, baby clothes are washed. Trying to prep for my mom to come. Still looking for a bigger vehicle.

I'm now measuring 42cm and have gained almost 40lb. I figure I've got about 10lb to go! Both babies were vertex. And then last week I ate something very spicy and the babies didn't like it. Now baby A is still vertex and baby B is all over the place... at this moment switching back and forth from breech to transverse. All that really matters is that A stays vertex!

I'm going back to see my regular OB in a week or so to re-establish care in case of transfer or necessary C-section. Not sure if I'll do bloodwork or consent to any other testing through.

I'm currently working on decided who comes to the birth and what role they have. Obviously Dayton and I will be focused on the birth. But still working out who watches the kids depending on if it's day or night time. Also lining up a friend to do video and pictures. Can't be without that! Also a very good friend will be my doula/assistant, etc. for whatever I need or to give Dayton a break. I'm hoping 3 adults besides us isn't too much. I tend to go into a birth bubble and not even notice those around me, but I do feed off of negative attendants. If they are scared, unsupportive, etc. I really don't need them to be there. When my mom arrives in early July, I'll have to see if I can figure out where she fits into the whole picture. Not sure if I want her to be around me during labor and/or birth but I want Grace to be there and she needs someone to watch her. So we're obviously still figuring all of that out!

Here's a picture from 4 days ago. Can't wait to see how much bigger next week! My stomach is now starting to be lumpy in wierd places. I guess with 2 fighting for the same space it's going to look wierd.

5 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Lots of decisions to make...will be praying for you!
Here's a couple twin homebirthing stories I found; you may have already read them.

http://www.earthbirthproductions.com/index_files/Page722.htm

http://www.homebirth.org.uk/justine.htm

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Scroll down to Twin Birth Stories for some more.

http://www.homebirth.org.uk/twins.htm#birthstories

 
At 11:27 PM , Blogger rcsnickers said...

Oh man, I keep wanting to ask you what slings were you looking to get? So what type of sling did you buy? I am really wanting a Mai Tei sling. It is great for carrying toddler on the back. Not so comfy for a newborn, in my opinion. But it is like $80 and my SIL made one for $2.00! Anyway, just curious on what you got.

My word, cannot believe your size! All baby for sure!!! Glad baby A is vertex and hopefully both will be.

Like Laura said, lots of decisions and will be praying for ya!

Thanks for the update and picture!

Letisha

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats Erin! You are doing SO well! I am really excited for youa ll and you are always in our family's prayers.

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger Abby said...

I came over here from the message board--sorry to intrude. I just had to note that I look like that now at 35 weeks and I only have one kid in there. This makes me very sad. And fat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home