Saturday, July 07, 2007

36 weeks!!!

I'm now officially carrying twins to full term! I'm not one of the 30% who end up with preemies... so exciting. And because they're full term, we can do a homebirth!

My mom arrived two days ago and that's been fun so far. Last night I had my mom and two other friends (with families) over for dinner. And then after that we discussed my birth plans, who does what, etc.. All are so supportive of our birth decisions. My mom is in charge of childcare. Ju will do pictures/video. Merri will help with birth supplies, labor support, etc..

I went to see my doctor last week (at about 34.5 wk) for the first time since 20 weeks. We did an ultrasound and the babies were measuring about 5lb 5oz and 5lb 8oz. The doctor was surprised at how big they were for twins, each measuring what is normal for singletons. He said that I need to keep doing what I've been doing because it's working. I asked if he liked to induce twins at 38 wk (the norm in the USA), and said, oh no, whenever if fine, though 40wk would be torture! One baby was vertex and the other breech, which is normal. Neither have engaged so we don't know which is coming first. Next week I go in for another quick scan and we'll have a better idea. If the first is breech, it depends on what kind of breech (4 kinds) for if we do a homebirth or not. Also had my iron rechecked, which was even higher than before... great for twin pregnancy.

I took Dayton up to see the birth rooms at the hospital and it was good for me to look at the rooms as a pregnant mom instead of a doula. They make me feel so claustrophobic. Dayton and I both agree that the location of the operating rooms being right next door is just a little too convenient. I will try to avoid all of that!

Everything is ready for the babies to come. No sign of them yet though!

Need to find a current belly pic... getting huge! I'm now measuring 45cm instead of 36. And my waist is now...... 51 inches! No wonder I can't roll over in bed anymore =)

7 Comments:

At 7:06 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations Erin! I am sure the babies will be SO beautiful!!!

I am glad your mom is there with you- and everything is going so well-

Your family is in my prayers!

 
At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!
I've been checking in here for updates. It is fun to read your postings - it's like having a chat with you in my living room at Parkland!! So glad to hear that you're all well. I miss you - so much!

I'm praying for you!

Love - Ruth Ann

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger rcsnickers said...

that is great news... 36wks and good iron count. Will pray that first baby is vertex! Enjoy the time with your Mom.

Letisha

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Emily said...

So glad things are going well! It sounds like you have a great support team set up. It's great that your mom is able to be there to help. Praying for you these last few days/weeks!

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger rcsnickers said...

Hey, do you think you will or someone will be able to live birth on your blog to keep us updated and praying for you through it?

Letisha
(hint but understand you are and will be busy!)

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Laura said...

How exciting to be full term w/your twins! And glad your mom arrived safely and things are going well. Y'all will definitely be in our prayers!

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my word I am getting so excited for you guys...now 37wks! Be patient as you await the birth of your precious girls... take it easy and rest in God's protection!

Letisha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home